Connect with us

Politics

12 YEARS LATER THE SOUTH NO CLOSER TO A FUNCTIONAL HOSPITAL

Published

on

September 9 2021 marks 12 years to the day since the fateful 2009 St Jude Hospital fire killed three people and spawned an unfinished saga of despair and doubt for Saint Lucia’s southern inhabitants who are still without a functional hospital. Moses Jn Baptiste, the fourth successive Minister of Health, taking over since St. Jude Hospital services were moved to the now crumbling George Odlum Stadium commemorated the sobering anniversary assuring Saint Lucians the Philip J Pierre led Administration is “…doing everything in its power…” to complete the decades old reconstruction project that has cost taxpayers more than XCD $100 million dollars.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Politics

UWP OPPOSITION DEMANDS PIERRE ADMINISTRATION IMPOSE TOUGHER COVID CONTROL MEASURES

Published

on

The United Workers Party Opposition says the Labour Party Administration has gone soft on COVID. Citing spiraling COVID positive infections and a concerning mortality rate linked to the fourth wave, UWP officials have urged the Prime Minister to employ more stringent public health policies to contain the pandemic.

Continue Reading

Politics

PM PIERRE SHEDS LIGHT ON SHADY DEALS SURROUNDING INCOMPLETE ST JUDE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT

Published

on

The Labour Party Administration’s preliminary findings into government expenditure on the St Jude Hospital reconstruction have seemingly uncovered a trail of financial irregularities according to Prime Minister Philip J Pierre. The previous Chastanet led Administration’s decision to abandon the initial construction site to build a completely new hospital cost taxpayers more than EC $115 million dollars for work done between 2019 and 2021. As previously reported, the Labour Party Administration has mounted a special committee to track down St Jude Hospital expenditure and advise Cabinet on the most suitable options to finish a multimillion dollar, 12 year old construction project.

Continue Reading

Politics

OPPOSITION LEADER DISAPPOINTS AGAIN, SKIPS 3RD CONSECUTIVE HOUSE SITTING

Published

on

Micoud South MP and ex-Prime Minister Allen Chastanet was again absent from yet another House Sitting on September 14. Mr. Chastanet who was appointed the Leader of the Opposition following his Party’s July 26 election defeat has to date failed to officially take up his duties. United Workers Party officials maintain their leader is taking a ‘well deserved’ vacation despite the continuation of government business. Meanwhile, Guibion Ferdindand the defeated Labour Party candidate says Mr. Chastanet appears to have discarded Micoud South voters.

Continue Reading

Trending